Adam definitely prefers his lasagna with meat, but the kids will actually pick and eat the noodles out of this lasagna (which is about as good as it gets around here). This is the exact recipe Melissa posted on facebook. I used a 9x13 pan, fresh garlic, and homemade spaghetti sauce.
8 oz. cooked lasagna noodles (I use 9 of the regular sized lasagna noodles.. not the wide extra wide kind)
16 oz. cottage cheese
2 c. spinach leaves (shredded) I pack them in there!
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I use 3-4 cloves minced fresh garlic)
salt and pepper to taste
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use Prego.. if the lack of meat scares you, the chunky kind makes it seem a little more hearty. I use the original kind.)
2 c. mozzarella cheese
The recipe calls for a 9x13 pan. I use an 8x12ish. If you use a 9x13 pan, I would cook 3 more noodles and add one to each layer.
Combine spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, garlic and salt and pepper
Layer as follows:
1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
3 noodles (4 if using a bigger pan)
1/2 spinach mixture
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
3 noodles (4 if using a bigger pan)
1/2 spinach mixture
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
3 noodles (4 if using a bigger pan)
remaining spaghetti sauce
remaining mozzarella cheese
*I like to add some Parmesan cheese when I'm feeling fancy.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment