I made farm cupcakes for a joint birthday party. I found most of the ideas on the internet, but improvised on the pigs snout & ears and liked my version better! (I used melting chocolate to make them. The version I saw used pink candy melts and cut them in half for the ears. I didn't have pink, and in my quest to make pink ones out of white, I accidentally made "ears" when trying to drop my quickly cooling chocolate on waxed paper. Then I decided they looked better, and made more). The pigs were my favorite, but the sheep got rave reviews too.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Cake Decorating
Dakota wanted a train cake for his birthday, so I used a picture of Thomas and drew it on the cake, and then filled it in. The train is green because Dakota wanted a Percy cake, not a Thomas cake. I figured a green Thomas was close enough. (And I didn't know there was much of difference other than color).

I made farm cupcakes for a joint birthday party. I found most of the ideas on the internet, but improvised on the pigs snout & ears and liked my version better! (I used melting chocolate to make them. The version I saw used pink candy melts and cut them in half for the ears. I didn't have pink, and in my quest to make pink ones out of white, I accidentally made "ears" when trying to drop my quickly cooling chocolate on waxed paper. Then I decided they looked better, and made more). The pigs were my favorite, but the sheep got rave reviews too.
I made farm cupcakes for a joint birthday party. I found most of the ideas on the internet, but improvised on the pigs snout & ears and liked my version better! (I used melting chocolate to make them. The version I saw used pink candy melts and cut them in half for the ears. I didn't have pink, and in my quest to make pink ones out of white, I accidentally made "ears" when trying to drop my quickly cooling chocolate on waxed paper. Then I decided they looked better, and made more). The pigs were my favorite, but the sheep got rave reviews too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment