Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

from Baking Beauty

I finally tried cornstarch in chocolate chip cookies, and it totally worked!  Soft and chewy without any shortening.  I found this recipe on pinterest, and figured I didn't need to post it on the blog because I can find it there.  Then I had a chocolate chip cookie craving, and the link wouldn't work!  It's working now, but I'm posting here just in case.  I haven't tired making these in my mixer yet because the girls have more fun mixing with a spoon (and I love my little helpers).


Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 TB cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars together.
Mix in egg and vanilla.
Mix in flour, cornstarch, and baking soda.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop onto ungreased pans.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments: